Monday, March 9, 2020

How to achieve the best shape of your life...

At 51 years old I’m in the best shape of my life. How? 


- Lift weights 4/5 days a week 

- eat at least 1 g of protein per pound of body weight 

- prioritize sleep

- Walk 5 miles a day

- Fast 16 hours a day 



Left - 165 pounds (2007) - 37 yrs old

Right - 155 pounds (2020) - 50 yrs old

Just throw out the scale. It doesn’t matter.


I have been intermittent fasting for over five years and cycling my carbs (eating more carbs on workout days - all post workout - and less on rest days). I’ve been very happy with the results. I have never been stronger and feel great. 


“Intermittent fasting reduces insulin levels, so you can actually increase your insulin sensitivity for better blood sugar management. At the same time, your body will release more growth hormone, which helps to preserve lean tissue and burn fat tissue". - Dr. John Berardi


Doing any of the above will help you get closer to achieving your goals. Doing all of them will almost ensure it’s success. 


Innovative? No. Difficult? No. You just need to be consistent.

No comments: