Thursday, February 5, 2009

Bodyweight Training & Snatches...

I got the first exercise of my bodtweight training from Steve Maxwell's blog -

http://maxwellsc.blogspot.com/2009/02/forget-economy-why-you-cant-afford-to.html.

It is called the L - Seat Pull-UP. It was a nice change of pace from my regular pull ups. It is performed like this:

L-Seat Pull-Up (with overhand grip)

  • Palms facing-away grip
  • Thumbs lined up with the outside of the shoulder
  • Start from a dead-hang
  • Legs held straight at 90-degrees to the torso, knees LOCKED
  • PULL yourself up until the THROAT touches the bar

My training looked like this:

L - Seat Pull-Up - 25 reps

Explosive Clap Push Up - 25 reps

Handstand Push Up - 25 reps

Prisoner Squats - 50 reps

I finished with:

Snatches - 16kg bell - 100 reps

No comments: