Friday, August 24, 2007

Strength Training...

I trained for strength today and rested much more than usual to try to focus on perfect reps and consistent pace. Although I did not keep track of time I structured the workout like EDT with two distinct super sets.

My training looked like this:

Double Clean Drop Sets - 24kg bells x3, 16kg bells x 4, 12kg bells x5 - 5 times through- 60 total reps
Swiss Ball Incline Chest Press - 24kg bells - 5 sets of 5 - 25 reps

The 24kg chest press is the heaviest I have gone for chest in a while and felt good. I am inching closer to returning my right side to complete health strength wise. I still have some size to regain in my right chest and upper arm.

The seconds super set consisted of:

Double Snatch - 16kg bells - 5 sets of 5 - 25 reps
Hanging Pikes - 5 sets of 5 - 25 reps

The double snatch felt great and really puts the ballistic nature of the exercise in perspective as you power both bells over your head simultaneously. I have done 32kg double snatches in the past and remember the feeling...good stuff!

No comments: