Sunday, August 19, 2007

Swing Drop Sets, Dragon Walks & Pikes

I felt like doing some swings today and decided to focus on legs while getting my heart rate up. I was motivated to have a great workout but did not want to overdo it and injure myself again. It is a fine line to walk but I think I accomplished both today.

My training looked like this:

Two Handed Swings - 40kg bell, 28kg bell & 24kg bell - consecutive sets of 5 - 15 reps total

Then

Dragon Walks - 10 steps each leg

I did the above 10 times while resting as little as possible in between sets.

The total was:

150 sets of swings for a total of 10,120 lbs in swings and
100 steps of dragon walks on each leg.

I finished with pikes for 5 sets of 5.

I am planning on taking tomorrow off to rest. Much needed as I am headed toward over training.

No comments: