Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Day @ The Circus...

Today felt like a day at the circus as I trained with the 40lb Xvest, Clubells and the 12lb "Shot". I got alot of strange looks at the gym and one guy even asked someone at the front desk why I was wearing body armor. Good stuff!

I put on the 40lb Xvest first. I have to remember to keep my Xvest training short because the 40lb weight really adds a lot more resistance than it seems and because it sits on your chest it restricts your ribcage/breathing a bit. You can really feel the difference when you take it off. I weighed 160 this morning so the 40 extra lbs is 25% of my body weight.

My Xvest training looked like this:

Pull Ups - 40lb vest- 50 reps
Incline Push Ups- 40lb vest - 25 reps
Push Ups - 40lb vest - 25 reps

Then I did some clubbell training:

Lunge Step Pendulum - 15lb club - 50 reps
Mills - 15lb club - 50 reps
Crucifix - (2) 5lb clubs - 50 reps

I finished with some "Shot" training:

High Toss Lunge - 12lb "shot" - 50 reps

No comments: