Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Legs - Harley Ride & No RKC

My arm is feeling ALOT better today after doing some light upper body work yesterday and I am encouraged that I am heading in the right direction. I have to go to Dallas tonight till Friday night for a business meeting so I wanted to get a good workout in before I leave.

I did some leg training this morning.

Leg Presses - 3 sets of 8 reps - heavy: 540,630,630 - 24 total reps

after about a minute rest I dropped the weight and pounded out 3 quick sets with only 5 seconds rest between each set for a good burn in my legs.

Leg Presses - 3 sets of 8 reps - light: 270,270,270 - 24 total reps

Then I supersetted bench jumps and dragon walks with no rest:

Bench Jumps - 3 sets of 10 reps - 30 total reps
Dragon Walks - 3 sets of 10 reps - 30 total reps

As a finisher I supersetted prisoner squats and hanging leg raises:

Prisoner Squats - 3 sets of 20 reps - 60 total reps
Hanging Leg Raises - 3 sets of 10 reps - 30 total reps

It is 70 degrees today and I got the chance to take out my motorcycle for the first time this year! I have a 2003 HD Soft Tail Duse and do not get to ride as often as I would like.The combination of NO PAIN in my arm/back and a quick ride on the bike sure puts the wind in your sail.

Finally, because of a number of factors I have decided not to attend the RKC in June of this year. It is a big time and monetary commitment and although I would like to attend I have to do what is best for my family at this time. I coach my 8 year old's baseball team and would miss his final two games of the year. I realize that you can not replace lost times like that and feel that I have plenty of time to doing things for myself going forward. I was looking forward to meeting alot of like minded people at the RKC and being able to share ideas but this blog and others like it will have to suffice for now.

No comments: