Monday, April 9, 2007

Taking It Easy....

I took Easter Sunday and today OFF from any semblance of training. My wife and I decided to take the kids to Easter Mass yesterday morning and that was a workout enough. I wish I had a picture of the faces of some of the people in the church when we walked in with our 4 children! Jared is 8 years old and the triplets (Jack, Justin & Jaiden) are 3. It was a bit stressful and we only lasted 25 minutes but we did our best.

Today I got my first acupuncture treatment ever. A few people have highly recommended it to me and I decided to take the plunge. I will give you my feedback in my blog on the results of the treatments although I feel better already - even if it is just in my head. This pinched nerve is really starting to bother me and affect my daily activities.

I have not been able to resume training and want to be 100% for next weekends certification class with The American Kettlebell Club. I may restrict my training to walking on an incline on the treadmill, walking the dog and the StairMaster so I can make sure that my injury completely heals.

I miss training but understand the more time I give my body to heal the better off long term I will be in terms of total health.

4 comments:

Christine said...

Let me know how the acupuncture goes, that's one thing I've always wanted to try... but needles.... *shiver*

Franz Snideman said...

Great perspective and good to see you head is in the right place regarding healing!

Rob O'Brien said...

Lift Like a Girl,

The acupuncture was pretty cool. I didn't even really fell the needles. I felt relaxed and better for a few hours but the pain has crept back into my arm. I think it us a mode of treatment that must be continued to be effective. I will proobably try it again when I can fit it in.

Thanks for the comments,

Rob

Rob O'Brien said...

Franz,

I have to try to have perspective or I KNOW I will hurt myself long term. I got my intro packet for the June RKC yesterday and it is killing me not being able to snatch and press but...."it is what it is"!

Cheers,
Rob