Sunday, April 1, 2007

Swings - "Shot Training" - Core Work

I felt much better this morning after getting a restful( relatively pain free) sleep. I felt good enough to go back to the gym for some light training.

I started with some light(16kg swings) -
5 sets of 10 - 16kg - two handed swings
5 sets of 5 - 16kg - one handed swing - left arm
5 sets of 5 - 16kg - one handed swing - right arm

The I threw around the 12lb "Shot" for a bit. I did 3 sets of ten of the following:

Slingshots (both direction)
Deck Squats
Hot Potato
Low Toss
High Toss
Windmills

The is did some very light (12kg) hand to hand swings: 5 sets of 3 each arm

I finished with some core work:

Hanging Leg Raises - 5 sets of 5
Pikes - 5 sets of 5

We shall see how I fell tomorrow. I plan to ease back into training and wait for a bit before I resume heavy snatches and presses.

No comments: