Saturday, April 7, 2007

Legs & "Shot" Training

I am continuing my focus on legs.

Today I started with:

Leg Press - 3 sets of 8 - 450lbs, 540lbs & 630lbs

Then I did the following with the 12lb shot:

Deck Squats - 3 sets of 10 - 30 reps
Hack Squats - 3 sets of 10 - 30 reps
Bench Pistols - 3 sets of 5 each leg - 15 total reps each leg
Box Jumps into Full Squat - 3 sets of 10 - 30 reps
Dragon Walks - 3 sets of 12 steps each leg - 36 steps total steps each leg

I finished with a superset of:

Get Up Sit Ups - 12kg bell - 3 sets of 5 - 15 total reps each arm
Slingshot - 12kg bell - 3 sets of 10 each direction - 30 total reps each arm

I have never done pistols so it was a nice change of pace. Doing them with a bench under me let me focus on a perfect rep each time. I will try to work into a rock bottom pistol. Adding a full squat to the bench jumps really added some intensity to the exercise. I feel like my hams got a great stretch!

No comments: