Sunday, September 16, 2007

325 Reps!

My legs were pretty smokes from yesterday's double cleans so I took it easy on legs today.

I decided to do 5 sets of 5 today in increasing weight but felt strong so after I completed my 5 sets I dropped the weight and did another 5 sets with a lower weight. After I did my compound exercises (Incline Presses, Renegade Rows & Goblet Squats). I finished with Hanging Pikes, Double Shrugs and Reverse Shrugs (one bell - hands behind your back and pull towards your ears) - 325 total reps and a great workout. I am planning on taking 2 days off this week to rest starting with tomorrow.

Training looked like this:

Smith Machine Incline Presses (partial reps) - 5 sets of 5 - 185lbs, 205lbs, 225lbs, 245lbs, 265lbs - then 5 sets of 5 with 135lbs for each set - 10 sets of 5 total - 50 total reps

Renegade Rows - 32kg bells - 5 sets of 5 - then 5 sets of 5 with the 24kg bells - 10 sets of 5 total per arm - 100 total reps

Goblet Squat - 28kg bell - 5 sets of 5 - then 5 sets of 5 with the 24kg bell - 10 sets of 5 total - 50 total reps

As I finisher I did the following circuit:

Hanging Pikes - 5 sets of 5 - 25 total reps
Shrugs - 32kg bells - 5 sets of 10 - 50 total reps
Reverse Shrugs - 5 sets of 10 - 50 total reps

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was reading your workout in the training syndicate and I was curious as to what double shrugs were? Is that shrugging to kb's at the same time, or something else?

Rob O'Brien said...

Yes, It is just using to bells at the same time. Sometimes I do jump shrugs which is exactly what it sounds like - with two bells.

Best,
Rob