Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Strength & "The Ax"

I went heavier with my incline chest presses (32kg bell) than I have in almost 6 months for the first time today! Finally feeling like I am back to almost 100%.

I also tried a new exercise - I call it "The Ax". I have seen people use a medicine ball and do a chopping motion from between their legs and over their head like they are chopping wood. I decided to try that using a kettlebell. It is basically a two handed snatch with the handle of the bell facing forward. You snatch the bell overhead then forcefully bring it back down between your legs as you load your hamstrings - then repeat! Pretty cool! Maybe someone else is doing it with a kettlebell but I have not seen it before. Give it a try.

My training looked like this:

Swiss Ball Incline Presses - 32kg bells - 3 sets of 10 - 30 reps
The Ax - 24kg bell - 3 sets of 10 - 30 reps
See Saw Presses - 24kg bells - 5 sets of 5 each arm - 25 reps each arm
Two Hand Swing - 24kg bell - 3 sets of 10 - 30 reps
Iron Cross - 16kg bells - 5 sets of 5 - 25 reps
Bottoms Up Curl - 16kg bells - 5 sets of 5 each arm - 25 reps each arm

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The Ax sounds like a great exercise Rob. Any chance of a video?

Rob O'Brien said...

Scott,

Great Idea! I will try to get it done this weekend.

Best,
Rob