Friday, July 24, 2009

Core & Stretching...

My hip flexors and groin have been bothering me lately so I decided to mix up my training a bit with some "core" work and streching.

My training looked like this:
Hanging Leg Raises - 15 reps
Windmills - 16kg bell - 15 reps per arm
Figure 8/ hold - 16kg bell - 15 reps per arm
Get Up Sit Up - 16kg bell - 15 reps per arm
Punch Matrix - 15 reps per leg
Spiderman Plank - 15 reps per leg

I finished with:
- Low Bridges
- Pikes
- Dive Bombers
- 50 reps of medicine ball throws (10lb ball) into the ground

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey rob

great blog

a quick question,

how far off a double 40kg press,
double 40kg front squat and
double 40kg snatch are you?

i hear the ROTK cycle goes for 16 weeks.

will you do another cycle to get these numbers and god forbid, double 48s?

do you feel this program would have good carryover for vertical leap

and conditioning for sport, say basketball?

cheers

jack

Rob O'Brien said...

Jack,

Thanks! I am a ways off from the 40kg snatch/press. I might be able to get the press but do not want to push it. I plan on finisheding week 8 today and want to keep going until I can no longer make any strength gains. I also want to get back into Viking Warrior Conditioning (vo2 snatches) to get my strength-endurance back.

I think this program is great fot strength for sports but I think that I Viking Warrior Conditioning would be better for conditioning for sport and vertical leap.

So, combining the two would cover your bases don't you think<

Best,
Rob

Anonymous said...

great reply rob!

keep up the great work!

jack