Sunday, October 18, 2009

Viking Warrior Conditioning - Vo2max - 80 Sets of 8 & Clubbell Training...

I felt really strong this morning after eating cleaner carbs yesterday. I am going to try and clean up my eating on the weekends during my reload to see if it effects my training and body composition. By the results of my training this morning I think it will significantly.


I hit the 80 sets of 8 for the third time today in the 15:15 protocol. The last tine I completed 80 sets was April 14th and I have backed off since.  It is really more mental than physical after you have been training for a while. It was tough today but easier than the previous two times. Maybe it is the clubbell training?

I did timed snatches with the 16kg bell today. I did sets of 8 with each arm with approximately 15 second rest between hand switch. I did 80 sets of 8 in 39 minutes and 45 seconds.


Snatch - 16kg bell - 80 sets of 8 - 640 reps
 
I felt great when I was done so I finished with:
 
One-handed Arm Cast - 25lb clubbell - 100 reps
Two-handed Shield Cast - 25lb clubbell - 100 reps

No comments: