Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Combination Kettlebell Lifts...

I purchased Greg Mihovich's DVD "Iron Beast Conditioning"and got some great ideas to mix up my training. You can check out his products at http://www.theundergroundgym.com/ . One of the main things that I incorporated into today's training was the use of combination kettlebell lifts. As Greg puts it......"They tax your strength, conditioning, coordination and mental toughness". The last is definitely true as I was dying during my sets especially since I mixed two other exercises in with the combination lift.

My training looked like this today:

Rotational Floor Press - 20kg bells - 3 sets of 5 each side - 15 reps each side
Renegade Rows into Squat Clean & Press - 20kg bells - 3 sets of 5 - 15 reps
Double High Pull - 16kg bells - 3 sets of 10 - 30 reps

I finished with the one set of the same exercises as above in went up one bell size. So I send with:

Rotational Floor Press - 24kg bells - 1 set of 5
Renegade Row into Squat Clean & Press - 24kg bells - 1 set of 5
Double High Pull - 20kg bells - 1 set of 10

This was one TOUGH workout. The combination lift killed me. The exercise is basically 4 exercises (renegade row, clean, squat, military press) done seamlessly from one exercise to another and then from one rep into another without resting. Good Stuff!

No comments: