Wednesday, October 10, 2007

High Rep Snatches & Core

I wanted to do a high octane cardio session and had not done high rep snatches in a while so I did 200 snatches with the 16kg bell. I plan on working snatches back in at least once a week to keep my strength-endurance where it needs to be. I have increased my body weight up to about 178lbs from a low of 152lbs in about 10 weeks. Most of that is from eating A LOT more and being able to train at full strength following my recovery from the herniated disk in my neck.

Also I have been really focus on strength training without worrying about strength-endurance and/or circuit training. I am going to mix that back in a bit to keep my strength to strength-endurance ratio as level as possible.

Snatches - 16kg bell - 5 sets of 20 each arm - 100 reps each arm - 200 total reps

I finished with the following:

Hanging Leg Raises

"Shot" Training - 12lb shot
  • Hot Potato
  • High Toss
  • Low Toss
  • Lunge w/High Toss

No comments: