Friday, March 27, 2009

Viking Conditioning - MV02 - 40 Sets of 8...

After getting my copy of Viking Warrior Conditioning: The Scientific Approach to Forging a Heart of Elastic Steel: An Application of The Theory Behind Proper VO2max Training - (http://www.dragondoor.com/b39.html?affid={subid}) - I have refocused on MV02 training.

I was doing it regularly from October through February and even completed 80 sets of 8 (640 reps) in 39:45 on my 40th birthday - February 3rd but things have been crazy since then. I started a new job at the beginning of March and have just started to settle into a groove. So now I can refocus on getting back to 80 sets while also preparing for the RKC in April.

It is amazing how hard the 40 sets seemed today when I completed the 80 sets 6 weeks ago with relative ease. I expect to regain my conditioning soon as I mix in this type of training a few times a week.

I did timed snatches with the 16kg bell today. I did sets of 8 with each arm with approximately 15 second rest between hand switch. I did 40 sets of 8 in 19 minutes and 45 seconds.

Snatch - 16kg bell - 40 sets of 8 - 320 rep

2 comments:

Sandy Sommer, RKC said...

Cool that you signed up for the RKC. You will rock it!

Eric Moss RKC said...

hey hey howd ya manage at the RKC?


eric moss rkc