Monday, May 4, 2009

Combination Kettlebell Lifts...

I purchased Greg Mihovich's DVD "Iron Beast Conditioning"and got some great ideas to mix up my training. You can check out his products at http://www.theundergroundgym.com/ . One of the main things that I incorporated into today's training was the use of combination kettlebell lifts. As Greg puts it......"They tax your strength, conditioning, coordination and mental toughness". The last is definitely true as I was dying during my sets especially since I mixed two other exercises in with the combination lift.

My training looked like this today:

Rotational Floor Press - 24kg bells - 20 reps each side
Renegade Rows into Clean, Squat & Press - 24kg bells - 3 sets of 5 - 10 reps
One Arm Floor Pullovers - 24kg bell - 10 reps each arm

The combination lift killed me. The exercise is basically 4 exercises (renegade row, clean, squat, military press) done seamlessly from one exercise to another and then from one rep into another without resting. Good Stuff!

3 comments:

Rick V said...

Hey Rob,
Is the video difficult. I mean, are the exercises tough to perform because of flexiblility or is like anyother? I'm looking for a new workout.

Let's try and get together soon.

Rob O'Brien said...

Rick,

Not difficult at all. Just different. I like to mix it up as much as possible. I will email you some dates soon to get together!

Rob

James said...

Rob,

How is Iron Beast Conditioning DVD set?

I noticed this posting back at the beginning of the month and i was wondering what you think of the set.

Could you describe how the DVD is presented?

Does he provide a complete workout plan or samples of different exercises?

Have you done any of the exercises?

I am thinking of purchasing this set or I may start the VWC, what re your thoughts?

James