Sunday, May 17, 2009

VWC - Vo2max - 15:15 - 50 sets of 8...

I went back to the 15:15 today as I have not done VWC in a week because of my sore lower back. I did not want to jump right back into the 36:36. I felt great and ended up doing 50 sets while still feeling strong. I could have made 80 but wanted to build up and not push it too soon.

I did timed snatches with the 16kg bell today. I did sets of 8 with each arm with approximately 15 second rest between hand switch. I did 50 sets of 8 in 24 minutes and 45 seconds.

Snatch - 16kg bell - 50 sets of 8 - 400 reps

I finished with:

Swings - 24kg bell - 50 reps
Dips - Bodyweight - 50 reps

2 comments:

James said...

Rob,

Do you rack the KB during the :15 rest period? Or do you set the KB on the ground?

I am practicing for the VWC program to begin in a couple of weeks. I have racked the KB in the arm that will do the next :15 round rather than on the ground. So when the timer goes off I switch hands and rack. Jay does not really explain this part in his book VWC and I was wondering what you did.

James

Rob O'Brien said...

James,

Leave it on the ground and rest or shake out the lactic acid and get ready for the next set. Leaving it racked will whipe you out sooner. I hope this helps.

Rob