Monday, May 25, 2009

Tabata Protocol - 16kg Thrusters...

How to: (borrowed from Sandy Sommer's Blog)
Pick your exercise and then work for twenty seconds and rest for ten seconds.

Repeat and rinse. For 4 minutes and that will be eight intervals. Sounds easy right? Let me know what you think.

I did thrusters with the 16kg bells and ended up getting 43 total in 4 minutes. Next time I will try to increase the reps in the same time until eventually I can not get any more reps in 4 minutes.

I needed to rest for a few minutes before I finished with 50 snatches with the 16kg bell.

Great workout in about 7 - 8 total minutes.

2 comments:

James said...

Rob,

How is Iron Beast Conditioning DVD set?

I noticed this posting back at the beginning of the month and i was wondering what you think of the set.

Could you describe how the DVD is presented?

Does he provide a complete workout plan or samples of different exercises?

Have you done any of the exercises?

I am thinking of purchasing this set or I may start the VWC, what re your thoughts?

James

Rob O'Brien said...

James,

I need to view it again before I give you a thorough review but I like it alot...that being said I like VWC alot better.

Rob