Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Viking Warrior Conditioning - 36:36 - Vo2max - 20 Sets...

Today I increased my volume again to 20 sets of 18 in the 36:36 protocol. The lactic acid buildup seems to be affecting my strength and grip more than my breathing. My forearms and hands are fried and my grip is very weak as I near 20 sets. I have been trying to concentrate on the hip snap.

Obviously by slowly building up the volume it allows the body to buffer the lactic acid. 35 sets seems like a mile away right now. I am going to try to just push it up the hill till I get there. I may also add in one day of submaximal snatches in the 15:15 (sets of 9) to try to help the cause.

I did timed snatches with the 16kg bell today. I did sets of 18 with each arm in 36 seconds with approximately 36 second rest between hand switch.

Snatch - 16kg bell - 20 sets of 18 - 360 reps

No comments: