Sunday, January 24, 2010

50,000 Plus Snatches!

I hit the 80 sets of 8 for the sixth time today in the 15:15 protocol. This put me over 50,000 total. Viking Warrior Conditioning has totally changed my strength endurance and pushed me to levels I thought I could never reach. Over the last year I hit 80x8 six times, 85x8 once and 100x8 once.

My training looked like this:
I did timed snatches with the 16kg bell today. I did sets of 8 with each arm with approximately 15 second rest between hand switch. I did 80 sets of 8 in 39 minutes and 45 seconds.

Snatch - 16kg bell - 80 sets of 8 - 640 reps
 
Snatch total - 49,710 + 640 = 50,350!
 
I still felt strong after so I did some other training to finish:
 
Gama Cast - 45lb clubbell - 30 reps
Smith Machine Incline Press - 185lbs - 30 reps
Spideman Plank - 3 reps

4 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

Well Done Mate! well done. I will get there but you did first. congrats to you. what an incredible last couple of months you have had.

Rob O'Brien said...

Thanks Mark.!

Like I said before it has been more about the process than the finish. You have put it well -"There is something about setting a goal and completing it know matter how big or impossible it seems at first". Loving how I feel health wise and that is the most important thing.

Meet you at 100k!

Rob

Richard said...

Congrats! 50K snatches is seriously impressive. You have shown some great dedication, and made me realize that I have some work to do.

Cheers,
Richard

Rob O'Brien said...

Thanks Richard. It felt to get there but I enjoy training so much that the act of getting to the goal far outweighed the result. Training for me is a drug. Once the endorphins get going.......I appreciate the kind words.

Best,
Rob