Friday, November 20, 2009

German Volume Training (GVT) - Arms & Shoulders...

My training looked like this today:

Dips - 25lbs - 10 sets of 10 - 100 rep

Alternating Seated Incline KB Hammer Curls - 16kg bells - 10 sets of 10 per arm - 100 reps per arm

Two Handed Shield Cast - 25lb clubbell - 3 sets of 10 - 30 reps

Crucifix - 15lb clubbells - 3 sets of 10 - 30 reps

I finished with:
Shrugs - 40kg bells - 50 reps

I added 25lbs per rep to my Dips for and extra 2,500 lbs lifted and an extra 8kg to my KB Curls for an extra 1,760 lbs lifted.

4 comments:

JohnDoe said...

Hi..

How do you hold the bell when you do KB Hammer curl.

Do you hold it "bottom-up style"...it takes some serius strength in the wrists.

I just tried it this way - and was only able to curl the 12kg - the 16kg was no-go.

...and what about crush-curl - do you like theese - personally I am not sure what to think about them.

Happy training - keep up the good work.

Rob O'Brien said...

Yes....bottom up style. It is not easy. I have a tough time with the 16's. The 20's will probably test my form.

I am so so on criush curls. Tow handed heavier curls are better. same range of motion but more lbs.

Anonymous said...

Amazing - you're strong.

Rob O'Brien said...

Kettlebells and clubbells! The clubbells have helped my grip strength in a huge way!