Saturday, April 19, 2014

Upcoming Marathon Row - 42,195 meters...

After last years marathon bombing I posted the following on my Facebook page. After attempting to get a number to run the 2014 Boston Marathon with no luck - I decided that I would row the 26.2 instead as my way to honor the victims. 42,195 meters. It happens Monday April 21, 2014. 
Kettlebellrob
April 15, 2013 · 

"One final thought. I ran my only marathon in 1998. The Boston Marathon. Same year I got married and that my oldest son was born. It was a once in a lifetime thing. Until today.
I am still trying to deal with the fact that my niece and nephew were only feet away from the explosion today. My sister said they "saw the whole thing". Can't imagine how poorly they will sleep tonight and the coming nights when I am so screwed up over this.... And I wasn't even there.
So next year I do something I said I would never do. I run Boston. For them, for all the victims and to say "Fuck You" to the scum that did this today.

I HATE to run but I am going to cherish every single step. Boston - 2014".

No comments: