Saturday, November 14, 2009

Change in Training & Diet....

While still training with kettlebells and clubbells I have decided to change up my training and diet for the next 4 weeks.

I plan on doing German Volume Training three times a week:
  • Chest & Back
  • Arms & Shoulders
  • Legs
Using both kettlebells and clubbells. I will also include a day of just kettlebell snatches "Viking Warrior Conditioning" style and a day of high reps clubbell work like "Trial By Fire" to keep my cardio in check. This plan also calls for two days off from training a week.

During the same time I plan on moving away from my weekly 5 day no carb/2 day high carb eating plan and am going to a more medium protein/medium car and lower fat diet. I hope to stay on this plan for four weeks before I change it up again. It will be interesting to see the progress that is made.

2 comments:

Rick Vittum said...

Rob,
You have me curious...
can you email what a sample day of no carbs might look like? I'm really considering your idea myself. The only difference would be instead of GVT I would use a TRX Bootcamp style workout. Please email me when you get a chance.

Rob O'Brien said...

Rick,

Here you go:

A sample day’s food during my low carb phase is as follows:

5am - Gym
7am - Low carb protein shake with 1 tbsp of flax seed oil and 3 fish oil pills
10am - handful of peanuts/walnuts
12pm - Cheeseburger/Steak Tips and a salad with olive oil
3 pm - peanuts/walnuts and a low carb protein bar
6pm - steak, chicken, pork etc

Hope this helps!

Rob