Monday, April 20, 2009

Three Letters.......RKC!














Yesterday I achieved a goal of mine that I have had for almost 6 years since I started training with kettlebells. I became an RKC. I will post my review of the weekend and overall thoughts hopefully later this week as I am physically and mentally drained from this weekend.

I will say that the snatch test is not the worry...I got my 72 required in about 3 minutes and 30 seconds. The whole three days are a marathon - not a sprint. For example at the very end of day two we did Vo2max training! After 10 hours of work they had us do the test to get the number of snatches for the protocol (which was about 85 snatches total for 6 minutes with the 16kg bell) and after resting for a minutes do 40 sets for 20 minutes. I ended up getting 7 as my number (which I was happy with after the day of training) and completed 40x7 for 280 total snatches.

My wife was not as fortunate as me and was extremely disappointed when she did not pass. She had some minor technique flaws (caused by flat feet and a light touch of scoliosis) that need to be addressed by a local CK-FMS and then she should become certified.

7 comments:

Sandy Sommer, RKC said...

Welcome to the RKC! Great job. Whose team were you part of?

Unknown said...

Congrats Rob!! Job well done!

Rob O'Brien said...

Thanks Guys! I was on Senior RKC Doug Nepodal's team and Fabiana was on Brad Nelson's team. It was a great experience.

Eric Moss RKC said...

comrade congratulations and welcome to our ranks

Rob O'Brien said...

Thanks Eric! I am excited to be a member and looking forward to RKC II in the future!

Best,
Rob

Iron Tamer said...

Congrats and welcome to the RKC family.

Rob O'Brien said...

Thanks David! Much appreciated.