Sunday, June 7, 2009

VWC - Submaximal Vo2max - 25 Sets of 9 & One Arm Incline KB Presses...

Today I switched up my Vo2max training and added another rep to the 15:15 protocol to make it 9 every 15 seconds. This adds 12.5% more work in the same amount of time and takes me to 112.5% of Vo2max. I am going to do this on Sundays during my ROTK training. I only did 25 sets as I did not want to push it.

I did timed snatches with the 16kg bell today. I did sets of 9 with each arm with approximately 15 second rest between hand switch. I did 25 sets of 9 in 12 minutes and 15 seconds.

Snatch - 16kg bell - 25 sets of 9 - 225 reps

Then I did:

One Arm Incline KB Presses - 24kg bell - 50 reps each arm

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you do 9 reps - and still maintain a good lockout at the top?

Impressive I must say!

Rob O'Brien said...

Yes. But this is after getting 80x8 twice. Muscle memory plus having the breathing/conditioning to be able to do it makes a big difference.

Anonymous said...

yesterday I did 32reps in the fifth set of the cMVO2 test, so i'm starting on the 8 rep sets tomorrow.

Can't wait!!!