Partner Paleo Challenge: Sepetember 1, 2010 to January 1, 2011
Entry Fee: $30 per person
In this challenge Teams of Two help each other to better health and fitness over four months. Before you start be sure to read our Nutrtion Page. This is not a weight loss competition. This challenge is a way to better health and a longer happier life.
Before and After:
Pictures: Front and back view
Measurements: Body weight, waist circumference, and body fat
Performance: 1 mile Run, Max Pull ups, Paleo Benchmark WOD
These can all be done anytime except after a workout.
1. Eat REAL Foods, nothing else.
2. Maintain a food log.
3. Train at CFNE.
4. Record you daily scores on the CFNE Paleo Board.
You will be required to keep track of your eating in a Nutrition log. From this log you will give yourself a score of 0-4 based on your compliance with the Paleo Diet.
Four Points: You are a hunter-gatherer (meat, veggies, some fruit, nuts and seeds).
Three Points: One time during the day, you had a little something that wasn’t paleo, but wasn’t horrible. For example, some peanuts, whey protein, or hummus.
Two Points: You slipped…but didn’t get hurt. You had a small amount of “not real food”. Maybe it was a fully Paleo day, but you couldn’t resist having that the buns on the burger at the family BBQ, or you finished your kids mac ‘n cheese, but the rest of your day was solid.
One Point: Most of your day was Paleo, but there was one full meal that you fell off the wagon. Maybe it was the rolls at dinner, a sandwich, pasta, a soda, juice or bag of popcorn, a slice of pizza, or a drink or two…Not three.
Zero Points: You had a bad day and made more than one solid mistake. Three drinks, dessert, a couple slices of pizza or more than one processed meal.
1. You get one extra bonus point for everyday you participate in a CrossFit workout at CFNE. We believe rewarding people for being at CFNE will serve two purposes. First the more you are at the CrossFit the more support and exposure you will have during the Paleo Challenge. Being around others that are going through the same experiences you are will enhance your chances of success. Second, the benefits of Paleo are magnified when combines with training program that combines constantly varied, high intensity, functional movements. Train Hard. Eat Clean. Live Life.
2. There is a second Bonus point available for everyday that you have at least 4 grams of fish oil (EPA+DHA) per day. The positive effects of FO are incredible and will benefit your health in more ways than we can begin to list here.
At the end of the challenge the top five performers will be selected based on :
1. Measurement Improvements: weight, waist and bodyfat
2. Performance gains: 1 mile run, Max Pull ups, and Paleo Benchmark WOD.
3. Scoring Points from the daily tracking of your nutrition.