Sunday, April 5, 2009

Viking Warrior Conditioning - Submaximal Vo2max - 40 sets of 9....

Today I increased my volume 33% from last week and went from 30 sets of 9 to 40. It was very tough but I felt great when I was done. 24 hours of carbs and a good nights sleep definitely helps!

Check out the book from Kenneth Jay - Master RKC - Viking Warrior Conditioning: The Scientific Approach to Forging a Heart of Elastic Steel: An Application of The Theory Behind Proper VO2max Training -http://www.dragondoor.com/b39.html?affid={subid}

I did timed snatches with the 16kg bell today. I did sets of 9 with each arm with approximately 15 second rest between hand switch. I did 40 sets of 9 in 19 minutes and 45 seconds.

Snatch - 16kg bell - 40 sets of 9 - 360 reps

I finished with:

Windmills - 24kg bell - 50 reps

Then I alternated walking @ 4 mph and running @ 8.5 mph with my 40lb Xvest for 10 minutes total time. I walked for about a minutes and run for 30 seconds.

2 comments:

Fitgirl-ATX said...

Incredible workout, Rob! Kenneth Jay's book is definitley on my "must read soon" list. I'll be in Providence for the AoS certification in May. Did you & Fabiana attend the RKC yet? I'm excited to hear about your experience. It looks like you're still training hard and doing well. keep living my example, my friend!

Rob O'Brien said...

Thanks! KJ's book is excellent and a great addition to your regular training. Good luck with the AOS Certification - We did the Essentials Cert it in July of 2007 and loved it. We are going to the RKC April 16 - 19. I will write about my experience when I return. I am great thanks..just trying to stay healthy and not over-train.

Best,
Rob