Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Viking Warrior Conditioning - Vo2max - 80 Sets of 8...

I hit the 80 sets of 8 for the second time today in the 15:15 protocol. I did it for the first time on Feb 3rd (my 40th birthday) and backed off for a bit before I started at it again. It was really tough today. It is really more mental than physical after you have been training for a while. I felt really beat this morning and was spent after 25 sets but took it one set at a time.

I did timed snatches with the 16kg bell today. I did sets of 8 with each arm with approximately 15 second rest between hand switch. I did 80 sets of 8 in 39 minutes and 45 seconds.

Snatch - 16kg bell - 80 sets of 8 - 640 reps

After I get back from the RKC this weekend I plan on starting the 36:36 protocol.

3 comments:

Sandy Sommer, RKC said...

Good luck at RKC. Make sure you have the tools you need for handcare and also be sure to bring some fuel; trail mix, gel, or some bars.

Anonymous said...

Great work on the snatches - 40 minutes is a long time to do one exercise.

...and good luck at the RKC comming up.

Rob O'Brien said...

Thanks guys. Your feedback and support is appreciated.