Monday, June 22, 2009

ROTK - Week 4 - Day 1 - Viking Push Press...

My carb load worked great after 14 days with no carbs. I "gained" about 11lbs and felt leaner and stronger. I kept my fat on the low side and aimed for more sugar/starch instead. Next Saturday I am going to try to have more orange juice and or simple sugars before my "heavy" clean & jerks to see if this helps with my strength.

My training looked like this:

Viking Push Presses - 16kg bells

Double Snatch into VPP
1x2 2 rep
1x4 4 reps
1x6 6 reps

I did the above 4 times

I finished with:

Front Raise Snatch - 16kg bell - 3x10 each arm
Side Raise Snatch - 16kg bell - 3x10 each arm

12 double snatches
48 Viking Push Presses
60 Front Raise Snatches
60 Side Raise Snatches

8,448 total lbs lifted

3 comments:

James said...

Rob,

Does this mean you put on 11 lbs of musicle in 14 days? This happened with no carbs and just protiens and fats for 2 weeks? I really hope my TNT book comes today. I am really interested in this nutrition.

James

Rob O'Brien said...

James,

From my artice on this blog: "You want to eat about 75% carbs on the weekend to refill your glycogen stores and get yourself ready for the coming week. You also want to eat when ever you are hungry and as much as possible. You have the ability to over fill your glycogen stores because of the carbohydrate depletion and want to take advantage of the opportunity". You are basically filling your glycogen stores over 100%.

Here are a few other good links:

http://www.thinkmuscle.com/articles/mcdonald/carb-up-and-ketogenic-diet.htm

http://stronglifts.com/anabolic-diet-101-the-definite-anabolic-diet-guide/

Good Luck,
Rob

James said...

Rob,

Thanks for the links. I started a change in my diet right away.