Thursday, April 5, 2007

EDT - Legs - Bodyweight Drills

I did and EDT leg training session today with the goal of strength endurance. I wanted to kick my metabolism into overdrive because of the lack of intense training lately. My back is feeling better each day but my finger is still numb. I plan on avoiding any upperbody training until I am completely healed.

My training looked like this:

First PR (15 minutes):
Prisoner Squats - 6 sets of 20 - 120 total reps
Dragon Walks - 6 sets of 10 - 60 steps each leg

After I rested 3 minutes:

Second PR:
Bench Jumps - 6 sets of 10 - 60 total reps
Bodyweight Single Leg Calf Raise - 6 sets of 10 - 60 reps each leg

I felt great after training. The best I have felt in weeks! It was nice to get my heart rate up also. I hope I continue to make progress toward a total recovery.

2 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

Glad to hear you feel better. Keep it up!

Rob O'Brien said...

Franz,

Thanks for the support! I have to try to keep the my focus and not overdo things.

Cheers,
Rob