Monday, April 16, 2007

Xvest Training - Legs

I trained legs today with the 40 lbs Xvest. My workout looked like this:

Prisoner Squats - 3 sets of 10 reps - 30 reps total
Bench Pistols - 3 sets of 5 reps - 15 reps per leg - 30 total reps
Dragon Walks - 3 sets of 10 steps - 30 steps per leg - 60 total steps
Single Leg Calf Raises - 3 sets of 10 reps - 30 reps per leg - 60 total reps

I finished with 50 reps of Prisoner Squats at my bodyweight.

That is a grand total of 230 reps of leg training. 180 of them was while wearing a 40 lb vest.

I rested for about 5 minutes after I was done and was still short of breath. I decided to check my heart rate on the treadmill and it read 124 bpm.

The combination of the 40 lb Xvest and leg training are a great strength and conditioning duo. Especially if done with almost no rest between sets.

4 comments:

Royce said...

can you say strength-endurance??
Nice one man!

Royce said...

Oh yeah, I'm working on perfecting the anabolic diet for myself. Carb up days rock, your muscles feel so FULL.

Mark Reifkind said...

nice work rob, way to adapt and overcome with your shoulder injury and STILL keep training hard. well done.

Rob O'Brien said...

Royce and Mark,

Thanks for the encouragement. It helped my get through this injury.

Royce - good luck with the anabolic diet. IT ROCKS!

Rob