Monday, April 2, 2007

The Week Ahead...

Well, I went to the Dr. and confirmed that I injured my Trap/Lat and that the injury is causing the arm pain, the pinched nerve, and the numbness in the index finger on my right hand. I was given some anti inflammatory medicine and muscle relaxers and told not to do ANY upper body exercises for a week. (She pushed for 10 days but was able to talk her down).

So I plan on alternating leg training without kettlebells and H.I.I.T training on the treadmill. It will be a nice change of pace for a week. Hopefully I will be able to resume my kettlebell training next Monday. I also plan on trying to build in time for more rest and scale back my intensity so that this does not happen again!

I am heading to Cincinnati on April 20th for the American Kettlebell Certification class and want to be in good health for it. I am hoping to work on my form on the clean & jerks at the certification class so I can compete in both events (C & J and snatch) at the next GS Event.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rob,
It will go by quick! Heal fast.

Mike S

Rob O'Brien said...

Thanks Mike!

Royce said...

Heal fast but don;t make it worse man!!

Royce said...

Heal fast but don;t make it worse man!!

Rob O'Brien said...

Royce,

Thanks! That is my goal. I need to temper my intensity going forward. I can't take one step forward and two steps back!

Cheers,
Rob

Franz Snideman said...

Heal fast. My friend RKC Ken Black will be in Cincinnati in April as well. He is a cook guy and you will like him alot. I am going hopefully in May to the Valery Cert.