Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Taking it easy....

I went to the gym at 5:30 am today and walked on the treadmill for 15 minutes on an incline. I varied the incline from between 10% and 15%. I wanted to do some HIIT sprints with a minute jog at a pace of 10 minutes a mile and a minute all out spring at 4:30 a mile. I have done this in the past for 20 minutes total but as I started the sprint I could feel tightness in my upper back & tri. Not worth making my injury worse.

I am going to heed the warning of many of you who regularly correspond with me on my blog. I need to get better and not worse. Thus the walk...I felt like an old man walking being that my bells were 100 feet away on the other side of the gym saying..."Pick us up! Throw us around"! Kinda scary how much I miss it but I need to listen to my body.

After my walk I did some light ab/core work:

3 sets of 20 regular incline board sit ups
3 sets of ten roman chair back extensions

I have the American Kettlebell Certification in 2 1/2 weeks and want to be in solid shape for that.

No comments: