Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Rope Training...

I did some rope training today. This was my first real training session with the rope. I did a minute per exercise with a 30 second rest in between exercises. I only did one pass through the circuit today but plan on doing multiple passes going forward as well as adding time per exercise.

I did the following today:

Double Wave
Alternating Wave
Circle Wave
Double Side Wave
In & Out Wave
Angled Wave
Uppercut

My arms felt great after the training and my wind was a bit short. I am looking forward to stretching this training out a bit.

A short video/description of each exercise can be found at

http://www.artofstrength.com/Videos/RopesGoneWild/tabid/179/Default.aspx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rob,
What size and length is your rope? Also, do the legs get involved in these workouts in your opinion?
THX Michael

Rob O'Brien said...

Michael,

30 feet long and 1.5 inches in diameter. I wanted to see if I liked it before I dropped money on the longest one.

It is more arms and core with a defnate cardio component. Very liitle leg involvement if at all.

Rob