Monday, November 3, 2008

Freestyle....

I did some upper body training today. I wanted to focus on chest exercises because I feel that I have neglected that training in the past month. I also mixed in some 24kg snatches just to get some heavier bell work in after the 1560 snatches reps last week with the 16kg.

I finished with some hanging pikes. I love pikes as they really work my hip flexors. I believe that pikes and leg raises can help your snatch numbers if trained on a regular basis. I wrote an article about this last year. Check it out @ http://www.kettlebellinc.com/kettlebellinfo/obrien-hanginglegraises.php?art_id=1&art_auth=obrien

My training looked like this:

Dips - Bodyweight - 50 reps
Hand Stand Push Ups - 30 reps
Swiss Ball Incline Presses - 32kg bells - 40 reps
Snatches - 24kg bells - 50 reps

I finished with:

Hanging Pikes - 30 reps

No comments: