Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Clubbell Training & A Question: Viking Warrior Conditioning With A Clubbell???

My training looked like this:

One-handed Mills - 15lb club - 75 reps
One-handed Swipes - 15lb club - 75 reps
Two-handed Hammer Swings - 15lb club - 75 reps
Incline Barbell Push Ups - 75 reps
 
I finished with:
 
Shiled Casts - 15lb club - 30 reps
Shoulder Casts - 15lb club - 30 reps
 
I plan on doing Viking Warrior Conditioning tomorrow with the 16kg kettlebell.
 
I was thinking about VWC & MVo2 training in general wondered if you could do it with a clubbell? Also, if you could what exercises would be best suited in terms of recruiting the most muscle and getting the heart rate up? My answer was the One-handed Mill.
 
The One-handed mill is a good compliment to the kettlebell snatch because the range of motion is almost opposite of the snatch and you are using your legs and hip snap to help drive the club from the bottom position.
 
I am going to start to working on One-handed Mills at 8 reps per 15 seconds with 15 seconds off in between sets with the 15lb club. I might need to adjust the club weight and/or the reps per 15 seconds but we shall see.

2 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

interesting idea. I didnt think it would work but it might with mills,especially if the bell is heavy enough. lets see how yours goes first,lol.

Rob O'Brien said...

I think it will work. There seems to be alot of carryover between clubbels and kettlebells. As a person who trains with both why not try kb exercies with clubbells? I have been doing hand to hand cleans, Figure 8/Holds, etc and they feel great and are fun! I bet most people who just train with clubbells would never think of using them like kettlebells. It is cool to think of new shit to do!

I plan of trying them with the 15lb club on Friday after my EDT training. I was thinking 20 minutes to start. The 15lb club might be too light but I have a 25lb club on the way so I can adjust if need be.

I hope you feel better after the RKC this weekend and I would love to assist you at an upcoming RKC.

Best,
Rob