Friday, September 18, 2009

Flow Yoga...

I practiced Flow Yoga this morning for the first time in about 2 years. It was great! I have not sweat like that in a long time and really needed to get the toxins out, stretch my muscles and push myself mentally in addition to physically.

I really do feel kinda euphoric during the whole process and it allows me to press reset and try to prioritize my life's craziness. I know I am getting a bit philosophical and I apologize but it is nice to step back once and a while and smell the roses.

I have a beautiful wife, four great healthy kids, a great job and home....and am healthy. I need to remember this more and care less about sets, reps, and body fat percentage.



Here is a description of the class:



"Flow Yoga covers a wide variety of yoga styles. Including; Ashtanga, Vinyasa, Bikram and Baptiste. It is a vigorous practice that strengthens the core muscles in the body, enhances flexibility, while encouraging deep concentration and focus. Flow Yoga is practiced in a heated room. The heat encourages perspiration, which helps to detoxify and cleanse the body. The muscles respond to the heat by relaxing and allowing us to move deeper into a posture. This practice will tone and sculpt your body and heal your soul. Be prepared to sweat, and discover your inner strength!"



I am going to try to practice Yoga 2/3 times a month in addition to my other training methods.

No comments: