Monday, September 28, 2009

Got My Second 15lb Clubbell Today!

I plan on trying the "Trial By Fire" on Wednesday with the 15lb clubs. It is meant for the 25's but I do not have them yet and have not even tried double swipes with the 15's. Should be interesting.

Just to recap:

The following is taken from Coach Steer's blog about clubbells:

"The Trial by Fire is quite simply one of the most grueling full body tests of strength-endurance that I can think of".

The official Trial by Fire is done with a set of 25 lbs Clubbells®, and consists of:

130 One-handed Mills on each side
130 Double Swipes and
130 Two-handed Hammer Swings (65 per direction)

The exercises themselves are presented on the following link in the middle of the page:


"Suffice it to say that the Trial by Fire will rip the skin off your hands and wring every last ounce of muscular strength-endurance from your entire body while it taxes your cardio-vascular system to its limit. It will test your mental toughness and require absolute technical efficiency".

For me it is something to shoot for as I get more familiar and adept at clubbell training. I am going to have to work up to using double 25lb clubbells but I make the comparison to a kettlebell snatch test - How fast can you complete a number of reps with good form.

2 comments:

Boris T said...

By the look of your blog I'd say you've taken to clubs quite well. I find them to be a great tool but the source material is really only from one source and it can be very repetitive at times.

Rob O'Brien said...

Boris,

I agree but I have found that you can do alot of kb exercises with them as well:

Figure 8/Hold
Slingshot
Windmill
Turkish Get Up
Hand to Hand Cleans

Just use your imagination. They are a great compliment to kettlebells and other training.

Rob