Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Clubbell Viking Warrior Conditioning - MVo2 - 40 Sets of 7...

I began my experiment with MVo2 and clubbells this morning. I started doing sets of 8 but found I had to reallly rush to get 8 reps per 15 seconds and I was sacrificing form. So 7 is the number with the 15lb club for me. My heart rate got up there quickly and I felt great after I got into the grove but I will say that my grip started to go after the 30th set. You can really see the difference in grip strenth between kettlebell snatches and clubbell mills. I do not know if 80 sets of 7 is possible without launching the clubbell a few times as your hands and grip start to tire. My shoulders, arms, lats and chest were all wiped at the end.

My training looked like this:

I did timed One-handed Mills with the 15lb clubbell today. I did sets of 7 with each arm with approximately 15 second rest between hand switch. I did 40 sets of 7 in 19 minutes and 45 seconds.

One-handed Mills - 15lb club - 40 sets of 7 - 280 reps

I am taking tomorrow off from training and plan to start to take at least every Tuesday & Thursday off. I may even try to add a third day off a week for a while to ease back and recover.

2 comments:

Sandy Sommer, RKC said...

Would you consider a video? I'd love to see it.

Rob O'Brien said...

Of what? VWC with the clubbell? Sounds like a good idea.