Monday, October 1, 2007

Core....

I trained core today mixed in a few exercises that I do not regularly do (Double Windmill & Overhead Squat). I find that O.H. Squats are great for ab and core work as well and working the hamstrings. The Double Windmill adds another dimension to the stretching of the obliques and hip flexors.

My training looked like this:

Hanging Pikes - 3 sets of 5 - 15 reps
Get Up Sit Up - 16kg bell - 3 sets of 5 each arm - 15 reps each arm
Figure 8/Hold - 16kg bell - 3 sets of 10 each direction - 30 reps each direction
Double Windmill - 16kg bells - 3 sets of 5 each arm - 15 reps each arm
Ab Wheel - 3 sets of 10 - 30 reps

I finished with:

Over Head Squats - 16kg bell - 4 sets of 5 each arm - 20 reps each arm
Plank - 4 sets of 30 seconds each - 2 minutes total

No comments: