Friday, October 5, 2007

Heavy Triples....

I got my new bells yesterday to totally complete my set. The new ones are a 40kg, 28kg and 20kg. I now have two of EVERYTHING. I decided to go heavy today for low reps.

My training looked like this"

Swiss Ball Incline Chest Press - 32kg bells - 3 sets of 3 - 9 reps

(I wanted to try the 40kg bells but was having trouble getting them up for the first rep. Plus I did not want to burn out my upper body for the rest of my training. )

Iron Cross - 28kg bell - 3 sets of 3 - 9 reps
Renegade Rows - 40kg bells - 3 sets of 3 - 9 reps
Double Cleans - 40kg bells - 3 sets of 1 - 3 reps
Double Suitcase DL's - 40kg bells - 3 sets of 3 - 9 reps

I finished with 2 sets of Farmers Walks with the 40kg bells - 150 feet each

Heavy training definitely is a blow to your Central Nervous System as your body has to adjust to the increased load. I am going to try to mix in heavy singles, doubles and triples once or twice every two weeks to keep my body guessing.

No comments: