Sunday, October 28, 2007

HOC & Core

I wanted to do a High Octane Cardio training session today but also wanted to mix in body weight exercises, core exercises and some shot training. It was a very diverse workout that flowed freely without much prior thought. After I warmed up my heart rate was pretty stead during my training and it made my core work more intense.

My training looked like this:

Warm up:

Snatches - 20kg bell - 2 sets of 10 each arm - 20 reps each arm
Slow Run - 1/4 mile - two sets

Then I did the following:

Body Weight Squats - 3 sets of 20 - 60 reps
Body Weight Side Lunges - 3 sets of 15 reps each side - 45 reps each leg
Windshield Wipers - 5 sets of 5 each direction - 25 reps each direction

I finished with the following:


Shot Training - 12lb shot

  • Low Toss
  • High Toss
  • Sling Shot
  • Lunge w/ High Toss

Body Weight Core Exercises

  • Gladiator
  • L Bridge
  • Reverse Russian Twists

I may not train tomorrow or Tuesday if the Red Sox lose tonight. I have a flight for Denver scheduled tomorrow morning and plan on getting tickets for game 5 of the world series.

No comments: