My training looked like this:
Kettlebell Incline Press- 24kg bells - 6 sets of 10 - 100 reps
KB Bent-Over Lateral Raise - 12kg bells - 6 sets of 10 - 60 reps
Then I did some work with the 45lb Clubbell or "Anabolic Bruiser Conditioning"
Front Swing - 5x10 - 50 reps
Front Swings are the foundation for all frontal lifts in ABC. They may seem basic, but as
with every lift, there are performance goals that must be learned and followed in order to
do them safely and to good effect.
• Fold at the hips to grasp the Clubbell® with your chosen grip.
• Exhale forcefully as you lock down your core.
• Pack your shoulders and crush-grip the Clubbell®.
• Rise from your hips and let this expansion pull air into your lungs.
• Maintain spinal alignment as you swing the Clubbell® between your legs.
• Fold at the hips to allow the deepest backswing possible.
• Drive your hips forward with a powerful Hip Snap to swing the Clubbell®
Two-Step Performance Mantra: Fold, Drive.
Gama Cast - 5x10 - 50 reps
Truly the lift that spawned Anabolic Bruiser Conditioning the Gama Cast is the foundation of two-handed Circular Strength Training.
• Begin with your Clubbell® in Order position.
• Ring your grip tightly into the handle with a forced exhalation.
• Check your alignment and lock down your core.
• Allow the head of the Clubbell® to fall toward the shoulder of the top hand of the
• As the Clubbell® head nears your shoulder, push it over your shoulder and behind
your back along the line of the handle.
• To move the Clubbell® to Back position, “thread” your head between your arms
(do not reach your far arm across your face, as this could lead to injury).
• Catch the Clubbell® in Back position, hanging vertically with a forceful
exhalation and tightening of the shoulders and core.
• Lead from your abs as you pull the Clubbell® forward over the same shoulder
over which it traveled to Back position.
• “Thread” your head back between your arms and catch the Clubbell® in Order.
Three-Step Performance Mantra: Reach, Cast, Catch.