Friday, May 21, 2010

Kettlebell German Volume Training & Clubbell Training...

Crossfit has been a great addition to my training but I feel like I need to add back more strength training to balance out all the metabolic conditioning I have been doing. German Volume Training seems like the solution.

The goal of the German Volume Training method is to complete ten sets of ten reps with the same weight for each exercise. You want to begin with a weight you could lift for 20 reps to failure if you had to. For most people, on most exercises, that would represent 60% of their 1RM load. Therefore, if you can bench press 300 lbs for 1 rep, you would use 180 lbs for this exercise.

My training looked like this:

Kettlebell Incline Press- 28g bells - 10 sets of 10 - 100 reps
Chin-Ups - 12kg bell - 10 sets of 10 - 100 reps
 
Then I did:
 
50 Mills Alternating (25 Right / 25 Left) - 15lb clubbell
50 Double Swipes (2 Clubbells) - 15lb clubbell
50 Hammer Swings (two-handed: 25 Clockwise / 25 Counter-Clockwise) - 25lb clubbell
50 Hammer Throws (two-handed: 25 Clockwise / 25 Counter-Clockwise) - 25lb clubbell

I finished with: 50 Knees to Elbows

1 comment:

albina N muro said...

Crossfit has been a great addition to my training but I feel like I need to add back more strength training to balance out all the metabolic conditioning I have been doing. German Volume Training seems like the solution. become a kettlebell instructor