Saturday, May 19, 2007

Abs & Core

Today I did a freestyle ab and core workout. I did not plan it thoroughly and just did a bunch of exercises as I thought of them to keep my body guessing. There was no method to my madness and I did not keep a record of number of sets or amount of time per exercise.

The following exercises were completed:

Plank
Child's Pose
Decline Sit Up
Knee Up
Windmill - 16kg kettlebell
Windmill - 24lb barbell
Shot Training - 12lb shot - High Toss, Low Toss, Windmill, Get Up Sit Up, Slingshot

My training lasted for about 30 minutes and was brief but intense. I tried to stretch my back, shoulders and chest as much as possible between sets.

2 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

Hey Rob,

sometimes those freestyle workouts are just what the body needs to break up stagnation and challenge the nervous system in a different way.

How do you like the Shot Training?

Rob O'Brien said...

I agree. Mixes it up. I like the shot training alot. I need to get back to it more often. It really adds another wrinkle.