Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Bodyweight Legs...

Last night I took the dog for a brisk 2 mile walk. Felt good to get the blood pumping and gave me time to put my injury in perspective. I need to take one step at a time and devise a training plan when I am healed so this does not happen again.

This morning I trained legs with my bodyweight only - My main training going forward until I am fully recovered. I have dropped down to 151 lbs from 165 about 4 weeks ago but my bodyfat is about 8% so I guess it is better to be lean than "skinny fat". I am going to focus on increasing my leg strength and GH release with high rep bodyweight leg exercises and try to stay as lean as possible before I resume full body training.

Today I did the following:

Pistols - (rock bottom while using the smith machine for balance) - 5 sets of 5 each leg - 25 reps each leg

supersetted with

Prisoner Squats - 5 sets of 10 - 50 reps

Then I did a circuit of the following:

Dragon Walks - 2 sets of 20 steps - 40 total steps each leg
Hanging Leg Raises - 2 sets of 10 - 20 reps
Reverse Crunches - 2 sets of 10 - 20 reps

I hope to get an MRI this weekend so I can measure the extent of my injury and figure out where to go from here!

No comments: