Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Bodyweight Legs

I need to back off of upper body training until I am fully healed. I felt good last week and resumed light training and now am paying the price pain wise. So, the goal now is legs and core training.

With that in mind I did a 20 minute body weight leg training session. The following exercises were done with no rest in between:

Step Ups - 10 each leg
Bench Pistols - 5 each leg
Steps Ups- 10 each leg
Bench Pistols - 5 each leg
Step Ups - 10 each leg
Bench Pistols - 5 each leg
Step Ups - 10 each leg
Bench Pistols - 5 each leg
Step Ups - 10 each leg
Bench Pistols - 5 each leg
Bench Jumps - 10 reps
Dragon Walks - 10 steps each leg
Bench Jumps - 10 reps
Dragon Walks - 10 steps each leg

I tested my HR when I was done using a treadmill and also manually and it was 158. It is pretty amazing the workout you can get using just your body weight and a plan.

2 comments:

Royce said...

It's funny how injuries are. I just can't get motivated to do grippers again, I've been injured twice doing them. Just sucks wind out of my sails. Your determination is inspiring. Stay safe and heal man.

Rob O'Brien said...

Thanks Royce! It is tough to stay motivated. I am getting pretty frustrated and have been in alot of pain. Staying positive is the only solution to get through times like these.