Friday, May 4, 2007

Legs - Xvest Training & Abs

Yesterday (5/3) I forgot to log my training. I just did 20 minutes of the elliptical trainer for a total of 275 calories burned.

Today I did some more leg training with the 40lb Xvest and some ab exercises for good measure.

I started with a body weight superset to get my heart rate up. I did 5 circuits of the following with no rest in between sets:

Prisoner Squats - 5 sets of 10 - 50 total reps
Bench Jumps - 5 sets of 10 - 50 total reps

Then I put on the 40lb Xvest for the following:

Prisoner Squats - 2 sets of 10 - 20 total reps
Step Ups - 2 sets of 10 each leg - 40 total reps
Dragon Walks - 2 sets of 20 each leg - 40 total steps
Incline Treadmill Walk (15% @ 3.5 mph) for 15 minutes

I finished with the following ab circuit:

Knee Ups - 5 sets of 15 - 75 total reps
Hanging Leg Raises - 5 sets of 10 - 50 total reps
Decline Sit Ups - 5 sets of 15 - 75 total reps

Yesterday I added carbs back into my diet and gained 8 lbs in 24 hours (obviously water weight) but now I am at 159. My body fat % was 7.9% this morning so I will focus on that until I can resume upper body training. I have an appointment with the Dr. today and hope to get some answers.

No comments: