Wednesday, February 3, 2010

VWC - LaT Protocol - First Attempt...

I decided to start the LaT protocol this morning with the 20kg bell.

According to Kenneth Jay's book - "you will be striving for something called cardiovascular specialized variety. Enter the LaT protocol for upping your lactic acid tolerance (LaT)"!

The protocol calls for 32 reps done in a minute (total) with a two minutes rest after each set. I did 8 reps per arm twice for the 32 total and then rested for two minutes.

My training looked like this:

LaT - 20kg bell - 5 sets of 32 - 160 reps total

I finished with: Hanging Leg Raises - 50 reps

I plan on sticking with the LaT. I want to eventually get to 15 sets of 32 before I reduce the rest to 1 1/2 minutes and then try to get to 15 sets again. Then I hope to move up to the 24kg bell! This was a great departure from the 15:15 and hopefully it takes my strength-endurance to a new level.

2 comments:

S.B.C said...

Clubbells look interesting, I wonder if they are legal in UK. They may consider them weapons :-)

Steroids UK said...

I wouldn't mind having a kettle bell in the boot of my car ready for a scrap.